Forum Home Forum Home > Clematis > Postings
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

How are your clematis doing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Roelie View Drop Down

Quote Roelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How are your clematis doing
    Posted: 03 Mar 2014 at 7:37pm
This morning I was in my garden and saw the first colored bud in my garden.
Years ago befor I felt ill I had more contacts in England and we always had a difference of 3 weeks so I am wondering how it is near you at the moment.
I lost many clematis during the time I was in the hospital and curing and of course also in the very cold winters and as I am getting older I do not buy new plants but still am very interested
Also in de RLF are in four plants buds
BBarb View Drop Down

Quote BBarb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2014 at 10:55am
Looking in my garden in Cumbria this morning I see my Jackmanii's buds have all been eaten off ..... they were very immature (this being a cold garden in a cold part of the country) but all the same I'm devastated. This is a well established plant and has been with me a good 20 years, it grows really well and is a guaranteed attraction every summer.
I don't see any vine weevils which were my first concern, I've not seen any rabbits (I have cats) but there may possibly be mice(?). What do you think?
Its early days for me, my tulips are only just showing buds and the daffs are still mostly in full bloom. We're very late with our seasons up here.
Roelie View Drop Down

Quote Roelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2014 at 1:35pm
there is a difference between eaten by mice or slugs. Both like the fresh twigs It goes about flat eaten or pointy rests. I am not for poison but sometimes you cannot without it .
Blue Dancer is blooming better than ever with flowers of 12 cm. Rob Hannink is also very well and the montanas are coming.
Roelie View Drop Down

Quote Roelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2014 at 9:29am
Roelie View Drop Down

Quote Roelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2014 at 9:52am
since this forum started I must say I often loosed my password and then I thought I will looked another time So I did again and then I am still wondering why are there so less postings On Gardenbuddies America was the clematis forum the best visited site. Some people went to facebook but with so many clematisfans should this site of the BCS be the best visited clematis site in Europe   Posting pictures is not easy I noticed this morning but answering posts is easy .Could not we all try to get a running forum. Every member one posting a month?
Roelie View Drop Down

Quote Roelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2014 at 7:00am
the first ELF
Roelie View Drop Down

Quote Roelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2014 at 7:03am
now it was more luck than wishdom that I gat the last time pictures posted.Sorry for I cannot get it now
BBarb View Drop Down

Quote BBarb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2014 at 10:42am
I've only just joined, and have to admit that navigating round this forum is not easy - I haven't attempted pictures yet.
My Montana is flowering, but as I said earlier this is a cold garden that doesn't get much sun due to overhanging trees (leylandii!) I tried the garlic water treatment on my Jackmanii and the buds which are coming through now seem to have avoided being eaten - fingers crossed the mice/rabbits/whatever (its not slugs) keep off. Trouble is it keeps raining and I have to repeat the garlic treatment - and now I need more garlic.
Roelie View Drop Down

Quote Roelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2014 at 3:31pm
now then breeding garlic yourself
yaku View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote yaku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2014 at 9:18am
Originally posted by Roelie

Could not we all try to get a running forum. 

I do think the best there could happen is, close this site down and keep the better and more international forum in Gardenbuddies.com going as it's by far better layout and more visited (currently poor) with years of good postings to to look at & ease of use, as well as free of those silly advertising postings you can find here more often than a "Real" posting
Big%20smile Cheers Peer

Roelie View Drop Down

Quote Roelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2014 at 10:08am
that is easy to say but did you see how less is donated untill now to keep GB in the air. Even how less reactions are on birthdaycards normally there where 20 for a birthday . A lot of members as I heard went to facebook.
The British site is a site for members and it seems strange there are a lot of members of the BCS who are/where on GB see the reactions as the guide comes . The BCS is specialized in clematis . If there is a posting I get a message and have a look.But what is wrong. To difficult to use?? I could not post the second time the pictures because I have to post them from a website . First time it was normal posted . Peer you should agree that there are members enough who can at least have some information to start with. What is to spent 10 minutes on an article on the site . If we discuss and sent in one name of a clematis with a picture .Then I talk only over the "old"clematis for the starters and then I am thinking on members as Ton Hannink, you ,Hans J Kuus, Wim Snoeijer .The man of COTW then they can take f.i. only the old and later the newer onces
Who have them in the garden are they well give flowers near you . This year what I never had the ELF are eaten by louse, no louse on the roses .Doing nothing is the easiest way .If I had an answer how to post the pictures I would have given already more information. At liest we can try it half a year but it must be possible to keep the site running
yaku View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote yaku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2014 at 9:30am
 Seems we are all getting older, and the young one are not interested, communications  have changed, this site has been used very, very little the last five years and is not worth to revive, insetting pics are not that difficult (I hope)

Kiri Te Kanawa & FRANZISKA MARIE
KTK superior in every way!!Big%20smile
Roelie View Drop Down

Quote Roelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2014 at 10:04am
thank you .This is a very nice one . I had it once but had is a very bad word.
I read that I have to add pictures by http but the first picture I upload could from my computer and I fear that I cannot upload from here . The Kiri Te Kanawa is the onliest one which always gives double flowers also if it is frozen in or pruned , Other double blooming flowers give single flowers after pruning or been froozen
yaku View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote yaku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2014 at 9:22am
Originally posted by Roelie

The Kiri Te Kanawa is the onliest one which always gives double flowers also if it is frozen in or pruned , Other double blooming flowers give single flowers after pruning or been froozen

Not TRUE all  I post as double  NEVER produce single flowers, only doubles or semi-doubles.
Those producing single flowers on second flush DO NOT produce doubles here in my climate!!!
Roelie View Drop Down

Quote Roelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2014 at 10:57am
a multi blue and blue light always give singles in the second flowering near me or if they are frozen also singles in the first near me
 Post Reply Post Reply