Forum Home Forum Home > Clematis > Postings
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Clematis petriei

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jeff Thomson View Drop Down

Quote Jeff Thomson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clematis petriei
    Posted: 14 May 2014 at 5:36pm
Dear all,

Does anyone know where I can purchase these?

I would like to present a specimen to a friend of mine related to Donald Petrie (who first identified the plant).

New Zealand suppliers refuse to send them to the UK for fear of Japanese Knotweed type behaviour, or so I have been told.

Several British growers no longer supply this plant.

Thanks in advance.
Roelie View Drop Down

Quote Roelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2014 at 5:48pm
I must tell you that in Holland we have them often on the market . Ik sold them myself but it is a plant for New Sealand total other temparature than here . The plant smells delicious but you must have luck to keep it
Did you look on e-bay and only typing the name in google for it should be also in England. It was here a special motherdays plant
yaku View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote yaku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2014 at 9:28am
Originally posted by Jeff Thomson

New Zealand suppliers refuse to send them to the UK for fear of Japanese Knotweed type behaviour, or so I have been told.

I think that's is BS as I lost mine some years ago and NO one do grow it in NZ.
The plant there used to be grown in Petrie's garden in Invercargill was killed when some fool decided to redo that part of the Queens Park. (It was a very fine specimen)

Post Reply Post Reply